What To Wear With Maxi Skirts: 21 Outfit Ideas
Maxi skirts are great for the summer, but they’re also perfect for any season. With these tips, you’ll be able to find items that complement the silhouette of the skirt and help you transition between seasons. While maxi skirts are more unique than their counterparts in formal wear, it doesn’t mean that you can’t wear them to formal occasions—all it takes is a little bit of confidence.
Maxi skirts are one of the most popular styles right now, so it’s no wonder that they’re on your radar. However, it doesn’t hurt to have some direction when it comes to mixing and matching different items with maxi skirts. With our help, you will know how to put together outfits that are both unique and classic.
Maxi-skirts are the perfect piece of clothing for any season, event, or occasion. You can pair them with a simple tee shirt and sneakers for running errands on the weekend, or with an elegant blouse and heels for a date night out. With so many options available to you it’s hard not to find the perfect combination!
The hardest part is usually deciding what clothes to wear with your new maxi skirt. Luckily we’ve compiled this definitive list of what tops you’ll want to wear with your new maxi skirt.
1. Camisoles: Camisoles are a very versatile piece of clothing that can be worn with basically anything! Throw on a denim jacket, and you have an outfit for spending the day at the park or beach. Wear it to casual meetings, and look great at school or work!
2. Cardigans: Maxi-skirts are great for layering in the winter, but they don’t provide enough warmth to keep you warm in the cold months. Pair your maxi skirt with a cardigan to look stylish and stay warm!
3. Crop Tops: Crop tops are perfect for adding outfit diversity to your wardrobe. But they’re a bit more difficult to wear with maxi skirts, so watch out!
4. Jackets: You can never go wrong with jackets! You can wear leather jackets, denim jackets, denim vests–the options are endless!
5. Ankle Boots: Ankle boots are a classic that never goes out of style, so they’re the perfect item to pair with maxi skirts. Since they’re lower than your ankles, they go well with skirts, but also make a nice change of pace if you normally wear heels. Ankle boots are also more versatile than most outfits in terms of their availability and their ability to be dressed up or down. If you’re in dire need of an outfit for a party, try wearing an ankle boot with your maxi skirt as an alternative to heels.
6. Embellished Tops: If maxi skirts and tops are usually your go-to options for an outfit, then why not add a little flair to your clothing? Great options to accentuate with maxi skirts (if they are neutral solid colored) include embellished tops. These are quilted or knit shirts, featuring ruffles, patterns, or other embellishments.
Maxi skirts are a popular option for women. Some prefer this style for its simplicity and for the ease of pairing it with many different tops. Here are a few tips to help you look terrific in your maxi skirt:
Wear heels with it. It’s still a skirt, so don’t add more unnecessary elements to it (other than the extra skirt and shoes). Try pairing it with loafers or closed-toe shoes; in this case, women who are petite in height will have an easier time matching their heel height with their skirt length.
Wear them with sandals: I’ve seen a few of these and they don’t look too bad. My issue is that sandals tend to be open-toed and so you really do need to make sure you get the right length skirt. But if you go for something that is a little bit different then this could be something you really enjoy wearing.
Wear them with flat shoes: This is the one I usually go for, and although it’s not the most exciting option out there, it looks okay and definitely doesn’t ruin your feet by walking around all day in stilettos or wearing out your shoes as heels do.