Stylish Ways to Wear Kimono With Jeans
Today, I’m here to share another look with you, this time featuring Japanese kimonos that you can wear together with jeans. I hope that this article will provide you with a new way of dressing up your every day look. So just relax and take a look through these street style fashion pictures.
If you want to show off your casual style, wearing jeans and a kimono-style jacket is not only possible but also quite practical. They complement each other well. The kimono has a flowing, soft shape which goes great with the denim’s relaxed look. This outfit will give you plenty of options. Since you can wear a kimono in different ways, you can choose what’s comfortable for you.
How to Wear Kimono With Jeans For Women
(The following part is pure “style guide” and cannot be used as actual knowledge) Steer away from the classic outfit with a kimono and jeans, because it’s too formal for jeans. A casual look is what you want to go for.
Choose your favorite pair of jeans that fit well, whether flared or regular length. A black or dark blue pair is your best bet, because it’s the most versatile.
If you like, you can throw in a casual polo shirt or tank top and wear it as a layer under the kimono.
For footwear, it’s best to find a pair of comfortable shoes that’ll keep your feet from hurting when walking around all day. You can also throw on a pair of sneakers and go for a sporty look.
As for accessories, choose trendy yet practical kinds that will complement the outfit. A straw hat will add a sense of summer to your look while keeping out the sun to avoid skin damage.
My Favorite Outfit Ideas With Jeans And Kimonos
1. Now first of all, I’ll show you example of kimono & jeans outfit in a chic, casual way. First look can be the following, a pair of mom jeans and a relaxed black shirt layered with a fabulous printed kimono. Complete it with heels and cool shades.
2. Try on nice casual knee ripped jeans and a white casual t-shirt combination with simple earrings, some flat espadrilles and a pair of dark rounded sunglasses if needed (they are so trendy this season). You can add a turtleneck or t-shirt as well, depending on the weather. I like to wear either for days when it’s chilly out and I need to wear outerwear.
3. A pair of relaxed jeans, mid-heel sandals, and a white tank top with chic mirrored glasses (which are also trendy this season).
4. Try on a pair of classic jeans, a button up shirt, ripped shortened jeans, block heeled pumps and an open-sided kimono.
5. Go for a simple white shirt with a pair of slim jeans and complete it with suede brown high boots for the day.
6. Go for a pair of seventies inspired dark flared jeans, which has been my most-wanted trend this season. Match it with another trendy trend this spring called chunky bracelets, and go for a pair of basic shoes that can be worn with anything from skirts to trousers, sneakers to heels. Don’t forget to add a white tee.
7. Wear a nice pair of jeans in slim fit and a red slip tank top with nude heeled pumps.
8. Another look with boyfriend ripped jeans, sneakers, a simple white tee and go for funky aviator eyewear if needed this season.
9. Throw on a long almost floor length kimono over a white top and complete it with cuffed jeans, black flat shoes and cool rounded shades.
10. Wear a pair of regular classic jeans with a green slip tank top and complete it with floral silk kimono and white heels. Love the green handbag and mirrored aviator sunglasses.
11. Wear a navy floral kimono over a simple white tee tucked in cool retro style jeans completed with pointed toe low heel pumps. This white t-shirt is easy to layer with jeans.
12. An outfit in simple colors, by pairing a kimono with jeans is a good looking casual look. Wearing an unstructured sweater under the kimono, is one way of making the outfit more casual. Also bringing in some color or pattern with a scarf or cardigan is also another way to make it more interesting.
13. Going for an Elegant Look: I think that going for an elegant look, pairing a kimono with high heels will do the trick. The point here is to choose high heels that are slightly chunky or block-shaped and pair them with this Japanese Kimono. Also, adding a statement necklace or a bracelet with this outfit will make it stand out.
14. Going for an Urban Look: You can also choose to wear a solid color black kimono with a slip tank top. This will give the most natural look to your outfit and depending on what you pair with the kimono, it can look stylish or casual. Complete it with pointed toe heels and cool shades.
What are your thoughts on this article? Do you like these looks ? Have you ever tried something similar before? Feel free to comment below for a friendly debate.