High Waisted Pants For Women Easy Style Guide
This time we are about to see a perfect street style compilation of the best ideas on how to wear high-waisted pants and stay trendy.
Well, you can go for these white high-waisted pants, but I think they will make you look weird. This looks more like a strapless jumpsuit to me.
Anyway in today’s blog post you are going to see my favorite images where ladies appear on the streets wearing high-waisted jeans, black skinnies, tailored pants combined with dressy and casual tops.
What This Post Is About:
High Waisted Pants Designs
We see a cream-beige long cardigan styled with a white V-neck tucked in navy high-waisted pants completed with suede dark brown ankle boots:
If you want to hide your belly, then, believe me, high-rise bottoms is the best choice so far. You can either bring a retro diva look or keep things classy and ladylike. High-waisted trousers will suit everyone with any kind of body shape or age.
High Waisted Cargo Pants
Beige high-waisted cargo pants ideally match that white off-shoulder ruffled white blouse. Complete the look by adding 1990 style sunglasses, white socks and white sneakers:
There are lots of styles to choose from, as you can try on denim high-waisted jeans, silken high-rise trousers, palazzo pants, ankle-length chinos, etc. Of course, you should keep in mind two very crucial things: right fit, size and perfect top.
High Waisted Knitted Pants
If you like wearing matchy-matchy looks, then go on and try on this cute V-neck knitted cream-grey crop top with long sleeves paired with high-waisted knitted pants in matching color. Complete this combo by adding criss-cross slides and light brown leather shoulder bag:
High Waisted Leather Pants
A pair of shiny black leather high-waisted pants with a matching belt is styled with a roll-neck white ribbed-knit sweater and black leather ankle-boots:
High Waisted Leggings
If you are into sporty looks, go for this light grey T-shirt and team it with high-waisted black leggings with mesh details. Complete the look by adding white sneakers:
High Waisted Pants With Gold Buttons
We see a V-neck cropped white top paired with high-waisted pants with gold buttons in blue color completed with square toe heeled sandals:
High Waisted Pants With Belt
High waisted pants with belt in cream-beige color are styled with a white tee and a red blazer. Complete the look by adding white Wayfarer sunglasses and blush heeled sandals:
High Waisted Pants With Bow
We see high-waisted pants with a bow in grey plaid styled with a white crop top embellished with pearls and a grey knitted cardigan. Love the white sneakers. I do recommend checking out my post on long cardigans, there you can find some great looks that are easy to style in real life:
High Waisted Pants With Buttons
A pair of black high-waisted pants with side buttons are styled with a white short-sleeve blouse. Update this look by adding rounded sunglasses, hoop earrings and classic black sandals:
High Waisted Pants With Suspenders
Another cool black-white outfit idea. We see a white shirt tucked in black pinstriped high-waisted pants with suspenders:
High Waisted Paperbag Waist Pants
A black turtleneck sweater in ribbed-knit is tucked in cream-white high-waisted paperbag waist pants completed with ankle-strap heeled black sandals:
High Waisted Skinny Leather Pants
Black leather high-waisted patent leather pants look amazing with a high wide-neck sweater in cream-grey completed with black suede sock boots:
High Waisted Utility Pants
Silken high-waisted utility pants in dark green color with side pockets are teamed with a black long-sleeve top and black leather slip-on shoes:
High Waisted Wide Leg Pants
A plaid grey blazer looks classy teamed with a white turtleneck tucked in high-waisted wide-leg pants in light brown color. Love the nude heeled pumps:
High Waisted Culottes
High-waisted black culottes are worn with a cropped white turtleneck sweater and classic black pumps. Love the black shades with golden detailing:
Personally, I recommend to wear tops tucked in, so your waistline looks slim and sexy. Anyway, enjoy this compilation and keep things bright and shiny.
High Waisted Dress Pants
Beige high-waisted tailored pants look awesome with that white crop top. A perfect outfit idea for the evening cocktail events:
High Waisted Jeans
We see a pair of white high-waisted cropped jeans teamed with a khaki green sweater and strappy heeled sandals:
Best Color For High Waisted Pants
High Waisted Pants In Blue
A dark blue pair of high-waisted pants with a paper bag waistline looks awesome styled with a white shirt, black heeled pointed-toe pumps and black leather handbag. A nice outfit idea for office hours:
High Waisted Pants In Green
Another office-friendly look consisting of a white polo shirt tucked in high-waisted pants in green color completed with dark blue pumps and a cream-yellow leather clutch bag:
High Waisted Pants In Pink
A ribbed knit white sweater with bell sleeves is tucked in high-waisted light pink belted culottes completed with heeled ankle-strap sandals in blush color:
High Waisted Pants In Plaid Print
In love with this black bodysuit tucked in high-waisted paper bag waist pants in plaid print completed with clear heeled sandals:
High Waisted Pants In Yellow
A pair of mustard-yellow high-waisted cropped pants with a gathered waistline are teamed with a V-neck cami-top in white color:
High Waisted Pants In Red
We see a slouchy cream-beige sweater half-tucked in red high-waisted pants completed with nude heeled pointed-toe pumps:
High Waisted Pants In White
We see an off-shoulder black crop top paired with high-waisted white ankle-length slim pants completed with caged black heeled sandals:
High Waisted Khaki Pants
Self-belted high-waisted safari khaki pants are paired with spaghetti-strap black cami-top and white heeled pointed-toe pumps. Love the mirrored black sunglasses:
How To Wear High Waisted Pants
I am going to show you magnificent ways on how to rock high-waisted pants and look very special, modern and chic. If you want to put an accent to your flattering figure, then you better raise your trousers and make a real statement with these eye-catching bottoms. Read on to get inspired. Don’t forget to let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
High Waisted Pants And Blazer
A cute look for suits lovers. We see a blush oversized pantsuit consisting of a light pink suit jacket, white tee and wide high-waisted pants in blush color:
High Waisted Pants And Blouse
A white boho style blouse in white is tucked in paper bag waist high-waisted pants in pastel blue color. Complete this combo by adding cream-beige heeled sandals and rounded eyeglasses:
High Waisted Pants And Bra Set
Another eye-catching and sassy OOTD for matching set lovers. We see a shiny pastel pink outfit idea consisting of a bra and high-waisted pants, a perfect combination for making a wow statement:
High Waisted Pants And Crop Top
If you are in white color, then go all-in-white! We see a white crop top teamed with wide-leg high-waisted white pants and complete the look by adding a white blazer. Update this monochrome OOTD with golden jewelry:
High Waisted Pants And Crop Top Set
Another great combo consisting of monochrome clothes, like a halter-neck red crop top and high-waisted wide-leg pants in the same color palette:
High Waisted Pants With Sweater
If you are into creative style, then go for this oversized buttoned V-neck sweater in windowpane print and layer it over a black tee tucked in high-waisted black pants that are tucked in black socks boots:
High Waisted Pants And Long Cardigan
Another monochrome must-try. We see matching color clothes, including a long cardigan, crop top and high-waisted wide pants in cream-blush color:
High-waisted pants have been around regardless of gender, in various iterations, for centuries: Victorians in lofty tweed knickers attached to suspenders, zoot-suiters in thick pin-striped cotton that enveloped the navel, Katharine Hepburn in flowy wide-legged trousers that made her body resemble a golden statuette, seventies glam rockers in skin-tight bell-bottoms, the nineties proliferation of acid-wash mom jeans. What feels different about the current demand for skyscraper pants is the sentiment that they cannot ever be high enough – if the pants are not giving you an instant wedgie or a yeast infection, then they are too low-cut. I really hope my ideas will help you create fabulous high-waisted pants looks.
Update: Advices & Style Tips For High-Waisted Pants
Here are the best pieces of advice on how to wear high-waisted pants for women:
1. Simplicity is key with high-waisted trousers, which means a minimalistic buttoned blouse in white or pastel shades, paired with chunky loafers or boots to complete your look.
2. For a casual weekend look, try wearing your new favourite high-waisted trousers with a fitted tee that shows off your midriff and ankle boots without socks.
3. Add to any high-waisted trousers a knitted cardigan, and some statement chandelier earrings for your Sunday brunch with the girls.
4. A high-waisted trouser is an absolute must-have piece for the winter. If you’re not yet ready to invest in a full pair, then wear them in combination with some statement tights and a cropped knitwear.
5. Try wearing your high-waisted trousers with a longline knitted sweater and boots for that downtown look on your way to work.
6. A hobo-style jacket and high-waisted trousers are a great winter look for a trendier woman. Don’t forget to wear the right accessories, such as a handbag and maybe some statement earrings.
7. Chelsea boots by far my favourite boots to wear with high-waisted trousers for women. There is no better way to mix sophisticated casualwear and glam casualwear than with this pair of boots!
8. If you want to add a touch of glam to your everyday outfit, throw on your favourite pair of leopard-print high-waisted trousers and pair them with a black sweater and some gladiators.
9. If you are someone who doesn’t like attention on your lower body, then try wearing high-waisted trousers in a neutral colour that teams well with everything else you wear including shades of black and white.
10. There are so many ways to style your new favourite pair of high-waisted trousers for women! Wear them as a statement piece with a fitted blazer , or wear them comfortable as casualwear over a basic tee and sneaks for the weekend .
11. If you are someone who loves to play with accessories, then throwing on a statement necklace is by far the easiest way to add jewels to your look.
12. If you are someone who loves to flaunt your waist, then wearing high-waisted trousers with a flared skirt and a stylish blouse is another way to make an instant impact!
13. You can never go wrong with some killer boots for any occasion! So why not wear high-waisted trousers with lace up ankle boots and maybe some statement earrings?
14. A colourful cardigan is the ultimate way to add some fun to any look! If you’re not ready to invest in a colour full-on outfit, then wearing your new favourite pair of high-waisted trousers with an oversize sweater and some statement earrings is always a good option!
15. Throw on some statement mules or lace up ankle boots and you will be the coolest girl in town!
16. For a more neutral look, pair your new high-waisted trouser with rainbow coloured heels (which also complement anything else you wear) and an oversized jumper for that alternative vibe.
17. You can never go wrong by wearing high-waisted trousers with a monochrome palette. Try wearing a kimono and some statement earrings to make your look all the more exciting.
18. If you’re someone who loves an elegant look, then wear your new favourite pair of high-waisted trousers with a sheer blouse and lace up ankle boots for that feminine vibe.
19. The florals trend is going to be huge this year (the floral skirts we saw on the runways were simply amazing!) so why not wear your new pair of high-waisted trousers with a floral top or any other item of clothing in your favourite floral print?
20. Last, but definitely not least, a statement necklace will never be out of style!
So there you have it!
What are your favourite ways to wear high-waisted trousers? Do let us know in the comments below and we’ll see you next time for another great post and some more advices.